Palmer Park The land for Palmer Park was given to the town in 1889 by the Palmer family, proprietors of the Huntley and Palmer’s biscuit factory. The Palmer Park Bowling Club was founded in 1910 and became a founder member of the now, ‘Royal’ County of Berkshire Bowling Association. The bowling green and clubhouse are leased by Palmer Park Bowling Club which has full responsibility for maintenance.
The green is still in the same location, but the original rudimentary clubhouse facilities have been extensively improved over the years. The latest project was in 2004-2006 when the clubhouse was enlarged and refurbished to a high standard.